Munger Construction was pleased and honored to be selected by Jeff and John Klarman of W.S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home, to construct their new 6,000 SF facility at 244 North Main Street, Branford. Established in 1900, W.S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home is Branford’s oldest, family-owned and operated funeral home. After many years at their 504 Main Street location the Klarmans made the important decision to move forward and expand their business at this new location, still located in Branford.
The new facility is a conventional, wood-framed commercial building featuring a grand, octagon tower entrance, intricate roof lines, and distinctive brick-work on the exterior. The interior also includes a variety of architecturally pleasing details including crown moldings, chair rails, and a gas fireplace in the octagon entryway.
The new facility includes a folding partition that separates the two viewing rooms, sealing itself to the walls and floor to provide sound proofing that virtually eliminates any background noise between viewing rooms. An emergency back-up generator ensures that the facility will always maintain the power necessary to operate, and the new location provides ample room for parking on the premises.
“Service to families” is the foundation on which the funeral home was built and will continue to be the foundation on which they stand. We are proud to provide W.S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home with the “physical foundation” and building to support their business venture.” (David DeMaio, President, Pat Munger Construction)