The Metro Pooch – New Construction
201 Soundview Road
Guilford, CT 06437
The Metro Pooch is committed to providing the best dog boarding and grooming experience for owners and animals alike.
The Business Situation
After many years in their original facility, the Owner of Metro Pooch came to Munger Construction with the desire to build a brand new boarding facility that would meet their increased need for operational space. After an extensive pre-construction design process, Munger was contracted to build a 9,600 SF, conventional wood framed building.
Munger became involved in the project after an initial design for the facility had already been selected. Due to a desire to stay within the parameters of a specific budget amount, the Owner tasked Munger with making significant design revisions that would drive down the total cost of construction without sacrificing the facility’s quality and operational functionality.
Working closely with the Owner to understand the business goals, Munger’s Design & Estimating department utilized value-engineering and expertise job costing to develop a design plan which met the facility’s needs at a substantially reduced cost.
Situated on 11 acres of coastal reserves, the new facility is designed to have a residential feel and remain consistent with the architecture of the surrounding area, while including all the amenities necessary to provide the highest care possible for grooming, training and housing dogs.
- 9,600 SF of operational space, allowing ample room to house animals and maintain business growth.
- Over 10,000 SF of outdoor space, securely fenced in to ensure animals can exercise in a safe manner.
- Boarding suites designed to promote a calm state of mind with soothing color combinations and natural lighting.
- A clean, professional and welcoming reception area gives owner’s a sense of confidence that their animals will be well cared for.
- High tech insulation and sound absorption boards installed throughout the facility to control noise levels.