The AutoCAD operator is a multifaceted professional who is responsible for creating, changing and managing construction drawings and preparing the final blueprint to guide the design and building of complex and specialized facilities according to Munger’s quality and safety standards.
Key Performance Indicators
- Create accurate CAD drawings from verbal instructions and site visits and by working from rough sketches and specifications provided by clients, engineers and architects.
- Generate or assist in creating high quality proposals for Plan & Spec and Design-Build projects including drafting proposals with cost estimates – on time, every time.
- Produce draft designs and layouts according to specifications of structures, components and devices
- Ongoing collaboration with clients, engineers, project managers and designers to revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements
- Prepare multiple design versions for review by clients, engineers, architects and project managers.
- Create and update project drawing lists
- Print various formats of drawing sets and packages for timely delivery to architects, clients, project managers and site superintendents
- Organize and upload drawings to online project collaboration sites
- Manage and organize Munger’s CAD drawing library – electronic and final blueprint version, keeping the server organized, updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made
- Create, edit and update common standard design elements for repeat use in various projects
- Attend pre-bid meetings with owners, architects, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Participate in project kick-off meetings to review drawings and specifications, and highlight concerns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Produce drawings and specifications in conjunction with local and state building codes
- Calculate dimensions with accurate precision
- Add details to architectural plans based on knowledge of building techniques
- Thorough review of drawings for errors before submission to project team members
The right combination of education, skills and knowledge will be considered for candidates who can demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, a passion for doing high quality work and desire for continuous learning relative to technical knowledge, industry developments and best practices.
- 2-year degree in computer aided drafting
- Minimum 2-years of experience as a CAD operator with outstanding fluency and skill with AutoCAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; listening, comprehension and feedback
- Ability to think critically and solve challenging technical problems using analytical and creative skills
- Knowledge of construction concepts and terminology. Metal building experience is a plus
- Estimating skills are a bonus for recommending value engineering approaches to architects and/or engineers so that they can optimize the design/budget result. This includes obtaining bids from vendors and qualified subcontractors and negotiating price.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, logical decision-making, prioritizing and coordinating competing work demands while maintaining composure under pressure.
About Pat Munger Construction Company, Inc.
Since 1968, Pat Munger Construction Company has delivered unequaled customer service and built lifetime relationships with industrial and commercial clients in Connecticut. Our Proven Process ensures that we deliver On Time – On Budget – Every Time.
Pat Munger Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time